To properly perform the box makers position, while ensuring proper production flow
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement projects & processes
- Communicating with case packer to maintain appropriate inventory of boxes
- Making assorted boxes to receive 6”, 8”, and 10” cakes
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and sanitary work area
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Following all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Adhering to the plants HACCP plans
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must communicate with others to ensure proper flow to avoid line downtown
- Job tasks will be performed in a safe and professional manner and oriented to prevent
the disruption of the production line
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Assist in the training of temporary employee(s) on the box maker
- Must possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with others
- Ability to promote teamwork
- Must be willing and able to cross-train
- Must be able to operate manual pallet jacks in a safe manner
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend basic instructions and processes of the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and climb steps
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting and required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, something may weigh more than 50 pounds and assistance must be utilized.
- Ability to do overhead lifting and bending
- Possessing normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
- Possessing good eye-hand coordination
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee. Encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and/or wet conditions
- Noise level usually loud. Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
Dianne’s Fine Desserts- Newburyport reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.