An Oven Tender operates rotary and tunnel ovens to bake product to established standards.
Bake products according to established standards (i.e. time, baking temperature, and internal temperature)
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Maximize oven use to ensure oven is loaded to capacity and filled at all times if product is available.
- Manual loading and unloading of ovens.
- Storing and moving products on racks to directed locations.
- Monitoring the operation of ovens and notifying the Maintenance Supervisor or Lead when problems are detected.
- Accurately record necessary data and complete all paperwork required for the job.
- Ensure racks used are labeled properly with the correct product information
- De-pan product.
- Assist on the line as needed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work area.
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed.
High School Diploma or GED
6 months to 1 year of related experience
Proven ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language
Use of basic math skills
Must be able to work independently
Must have good mechanical abilities
Must possess basic computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 50 lbs without assistance. Anything that weighs 50 lbs or more requires team lifting.
- Must be able to reach above shoulders, climb, squat, kneel, and bend often.
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time. (Oven Mitts, Neoprene Sleeves, Hair net, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing).
- Must show proficiency in the operation of all necessary equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
Encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- The facility produces product that will require employees to work with allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
This position works 7p - 5a