This position is responsible for ensuring the proper storage and staging of ingredients for all departments and assist with cycle counting process where a person physically counts materials, ingredients and packaging materials accurately.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Store and stage ingredients according to company processes and formula specifications.
- Ensure proper ingredient labeling procedures are being followed.
- Ensure all transactions are processed in JD Edwards, DSI and other requirements on time and accurate.
- Must maintain a clean, safe and sanitary work area.
- Ability to use equipment (Forklift, stacker and electric hand jack) properly.
- Communicate current plan of action with other shift stagers.
- Ability to work in areas with extreme changes in temperature (i.e. freezers, coolers).
- Ensure all required departmental checks are performed as required.
- Must be mindful of surroundings at all times and in particular when working on shipping docks.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and sanitary work area
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to complete all DSI transactions related to this position
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Projects and processes
High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent experience
Minimum 5 years production experience in high speed operation
1-2 years of related experience
Proven ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language
Use of basic math skills
Must be able to work independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 50 lbs without assistance. Anything that weighs 50 lbs or more requires team lifting.
- Must be able to reach above shoulders, climb, squat, kneel, and bend often.
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time. (Hair net, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing).
- Must show proficiency in the operation of all necessary equipment
Dianne's Fine Desserts is an Equal Opportunity Employer