Why should you join our team?
Our company is rapidly growing offering potential career growth opportunities.
Dessert Holdings is North America's fastest growing premium dessert company, recognized for providing retail and foodservice customers with chef-inspired innovative desserts made with real ingredients, a flexible and low-cost supply chain, and best in class service. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, it is a collection of premium dessert companies and brands: Steven Charles, The Original Cakerie, Lawler's Desserts, Atlanta Cheesecake Company and most recently, Dianne's Fine Desserts. Dessert Holdings is owned by Bain Capital and is continuing its journey of rapid growth.
The company employs approximately 3,000 people across eight manufacturing facilities and its headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. The manufacturing facilities are geographically dispersed, with two facilities in Canada and one each in Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and North Carolina.
What is this job about?
What will you be doing?
- Supervise the daily Quality Assurance functions in the plant, overseeing the Quality Technicians on all 3 shifts.
- Monitor the quality of the ingredients and products making sure all standards are met.
- Collect data daily from all areas of the plant to maintain Quality Assurance records.
- Provide technical services to manufacturing, R & D, Purchasing, and Distribution.
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager; R & D; and Production management in product development.
Skills we are looking for:
- Accountable for the implementation and maintenance of the risk controls for the Dianne’s Fine Desserts Quality and Food Safety System
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Verify that each production line is properly set up, uses the correct standards for each product and completes the proper documentation. Ensures that the product is properly labeled.
- Assist in developing, posting, revising, and maintaining product specifications and other operating standards.
- Familiar with and use such equipment as the ATP Swabber, Moisture Analyzer, Petri-film plates, recording and calibrating thermometers, labeler, various computer programs, etc.
- Participate in and occasionally lead Food Safety team in evaluating and improving operational and product quality and food safety awareness.
- Participate in Material Review meetings, offering opinions and recommendations on how the address issues; track defects of product and distribute to the appropriate personnel.
- Generate and/or assist in generating a wide variety of reports and manuals based upon data collected by the Quality, Production, and Product development departments.
- Oversees the daily Product Evaluation forum, selecting product samples to evaluate, recording proper data, and following up with appropriate personnel to ensure corrective actions are taken when required.
- Perform a weekly plant inspection with the Quality Assurance Manager. Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Maintain Raw Material Specifications and Certificates of Analysis to ensure incoming ingredients comply with Dianne’s Fine Desserts requirements.
- Communicate issues and concerns with all other members of the QA Department
- Promote Food Safety through maintaining high quality standards.
- Assist in educating and training employees to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), regulatory, industry standards, and Dianne’s Fine Desserts principles and requirements.
- Minimize the price of non-conformance by providing technical support to the operation.
- Provide ongoing training to Quality Technicians to ensure competency levels.
- Promote food safety and product consistency.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a Food facility environment.
- Extensive knowledge of baking methods and finishing products
- Team-oriented approach to problem solving and troubleshooting, with strong communication and teaching skills.
- Must be able to work equally well with peers as well as superiors.
- Possess analytical skills, paying attention to details.
- Knowledge of food safety issues, GMP’s and other industry requirements
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Familiar with computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work other shifts as needed.
- Goal oriented with desire and ability to learn new tasks.
- Ability to project a positive attitude, encouraging others to do the same.
- Self-motivated individual.
What is there for you?
· Competitive salary package
· Benefits starts within 30 days
· Join a fast-growing company serving well known retailers and food service companies.