Why should you join our team?
Our company is rapidly growing offering potential career growth opportunities.
Dessert Holdings is North America's fastest growing premium dessert company, recognized for providing retail and foodservice customers with chef-inspired innovative desserts made with real ingredients, a flexible and low-cost supply chain, and best in class service. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, it is a collection of premium dessert companies and brands: Steven Charles, The Original Cakerie, Lawler's Desserts, Atlanta Cheesecake Company and most recently, Dianne's Fine Desserts. Dessert Holdings is owned by Bain Capital and is continuing its journey of rapid growth.
The company employs approximately 3,000 people across eight manufacturing facilities and its headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. The manufacturing facilities are geographically dispersed, with two facilities in Canada and one each in Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and North Carolina.
What is this job about?
In this job the Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and is directly responsible for the day-to-day production and/or packaging operations. This person will be responsible for achieving safety, quality, delivery, cost, and motivational objectives (SQDCM) through both individual and team contributions and collaboration with fellow team members. In addition, this person will continuously monitor line performance, quality, costs and safety to ensure that they are within standard, and initiate corrective and preventive actions when standards are not met. The Production Supervisor provides direction, leadership, development and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments. The Production Supervisor will lead and contribute to on-going Continuous improvement (CI) initiatives and is a key member of the overall. This position is at our Le Center facility.
· Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures & corrective actions.
· Interact with Employees, Supervisors and Managers on a daily basis to resolve technical problems, scheduling conflicts, equipment issues and employee concerns. The emphasis is to open communication networks, share ideas while working with continuous improvement tools.
· Ensure that the training of hourly employees, as it relates to their specific job functions, is being performed (including Buddy System).
· Ensure that all standard operating procedures are adhered to at all times.
· Responsible for ensuring and enforcing a safe work environment for all employees.
· Properly guide employees to be efficient without sacrificing safety and quality.
· Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed.
· Plan and coordinate daily production by placing workers effectively, utilizing place sheets/play books.
· Communicate necessary information to other departments to ensure efficient production.
· Ensure area and equipment is sanitized properly.
· Track daily attendance using Kronos Timekeeper program.
· Hold training meetings daily/weekly for safety, GMPs and new procedures or processes.
· Complete employee reviews when applicable.
· Review and complete product job jackets.
· Complete shift summary and email to factory personnel.
· Conduct hourly line checks and administer expectations.
· Attend all mandatory training as required.
· Participate as needed in factory events/projects (inventory, meals, medical testing, etc.)
· Participate in lead capital and non-capital projects.
What experience are we looking for?
College Degree (preferred)
2-3 years of Supervisory or leadership experience in a food service environment
Good verbal and written communication skills necessary
Competent in Outlook, Word, and Excel
Knowledge of basic CI tools and lean manufacturing principles a plus
Bi-lingual – English and Spanish (preferred)
What is there for you?
· Competitive salary package
· Benefits starts within 30 days
· Join a fast-growing company serving well known retailers and food service companies.