Why should you join our team?
Dianne's Fine Desserts is part of the rapidly growing Dessert Holdings Family, offering potential career growth opportunities. Dessert Holdings is North America’s fastest growing premium dessert company, recognized for providing retail and foodservice customers with chef-inspired innovative desserts made with real ingredients, a flexible and low-cost supply chain, and best in class service. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, it is a collection of premium dessert companies and brands: Steven Charles, The Original Cakerie, Lawler’s Desserts, Atlanta Cheesecake Company and most recently, Dianne’s Fine Desserts. Dessert Holdings is owned by Bain Capital and is continuing its journey of rapid growth.
The company employs approximately 3,000 people across eight manufacturing facilities and its headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. The manufacturing facilities are geographically dispersed, with two facilities in Canada and one each in Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and North Carolina.
Our location in Newburyport, Ma and has an opening for a Human Resources Manager-Bilingual Spanish
Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources for Dessert Holding the Human Resources Manager is both a planning and hands-on execution role with dual responsibility for day-to-day presence and support to lead plant HR operations. The Human Resources Manager will also develop, build and ensure that HR processes, programs, policies and management practices are in alignment with and support the overall Company’s business objectives and values.
Employee Relations, Culture & Communication:
HR Process Management:
- Develops and executes employee relations and culture development plans and provides guidance and best practices.
- Is approachable and highly visible throughout the organization providing advice, support and coaching to management and employees at office and manufacturing location. This position involves regular onsite presence at the manufacturing facility and office.
- Partner closely with management to actively foster a culture consistent with company values.
- Develops employee communication processes and works closely with leaders to ensure effective execution.
- Is a trusted coach to employees and managers at all levels. Identifies opportunities to improve communication, role clarity or team effectiveness.
- Work closely with holding company and partner companies to develop programs and strategies that benefit all companies.
- Manage and continuously improve performance review and MBO setting process and tools working closely with the Company’s leadership teams to ensure alignment with business goals, strategy, and Company values. Assist employees and managers in development planning.
- Develop salary-planning process, market competitive ranges, and coordinate annual merit pay review processes across all positions. Participate in the annual incentive plan design and communication across the organization.
- Partnering with the Senior Director of Human Resources to design employee benefits and participate in the annual review and analysis of benefit design.
- Responsible for effective communication of all compensation and benefits plans to employees. Ensure effective annual benefits renewal process, communication materials and administration logistics.
- Responsible for risk management as it relates to the employee population. This includes: developing and maintaining policies within the employee handbook, design relevant training. Manage unemployment and worker’s compensation claim processes.
- Partner closely with department leaders on job design, organization structure, and capturing job descriptions, individual objectives and expectations to ensure clear roles and responsibilities in all functions and across locations.
- Partners with Director of Operations, Plant Manager to develop a safety strategy.
- Oversee worker’s compensation processes and continuous improvement.
- Develop efficient new hire and termination processes.
- Owns recruiting efforts for hourly employees and office roles.
- Develop highly effective on-boarding process.
- Identifies and addresses opportunities to create greater efficiencies such as measures to reduce turnover.
- Design and execute operations talent management processes (selection, turnover reduction, temp/perm strategies, performance management, training and development) sharing best practices across locations.
- Assist in the development of succession planning, talent review, and facility labor model reviews and planning.
- Identifies training and development needs, define budget requirements, develop training content or work with external resources to develop and deliver as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or other Human Resource field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years generalist experience in Human Resources required experience managing benefits, compensation, staffing and/or employee relations
- Experience working in a unionized environment preferred
- Bilingual required (English & Spanish)
- Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment required, Food Manufacturing environment highly preferred
- Human resources Certification preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and drive change in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite