Production Utility Relief
The intention for the creation for this position is to assist in building continuity in the daily flow of production and minimize downtime on the production floor by assisting production and sanitation personnel in their day to day duties.
Meet with Department Supervisors and representatives of the previous shift on a daily basis to review plant status and determine action plan
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES ,KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Assist with line clearance, line set up and line changeovers
- Assist with transportation of sheet pans, clean equipment, dirty equipment and dirty sheet pans
- Assist with rubbish removal
- Operate corrugated bailing machine and trash compactor (collecting, empty trash/cardboard)
- Remove waste totes from all production lines
- Properly document waste on production paperwork
- Properly document of all post clean inspections
- Post clean inspections of all equipment
- Maintain manufacturing paperwork related to specific functions
- Add and Remove plastic bags from equipment before and after sanitation cleans
- Complete all necessary paperwork as needed (i.e. Daily Checklist, Master Schedule, Chemical Titrations, Line Changeover Sheets)
- When work load in assigned area is light or completed must actively seek to assist others in their assigned areas and or assist on the production lines.
- Delivers supplies to and from production lines to ensure they are running to their outmost efficiency and with limited , or no waiting time.
- Coordinates among all departments to ensure smooth product transitions and eliminate downtime, waste and rework.
- Must be able to use equipment (stacker, electric hand jack, forklift) properly
- Must be able to work independently being accountable for completing duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement projects and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Ability to apply company methods and standards to daily job function
- Ability to do overhead lifting
- Ability capacity to successfully use a wide range of equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work well with others
- Flexibility (an interest to work on different shifts in the event of an emergency-is desirable. An advance notice of at least one-week will be given).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and climb steps
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting and required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, something may weigh more than 50 pounds and assistance must be utilized.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (hair net, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing.
- Must wear cut resistance gloves at all times when using knives or similar tools
Must wear eye protection when using air hoses
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and/or wet conditions
- Noise level usually loud. Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
- Fast paced, working with manual automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- Chemical handling maybe required.
- This plant produces and employees will be handling products that contain allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Dianne's Fine Desserts is a an Equal Opportunity Employer