To properly perform and work safely.
- Maintain accurate locations of inventory to ensure proper levels
- Consistently utilizes FIFO methodology (First In, First Out)
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement projects and processes
- Rotates storage of slow moving lots on a regular basis
- Processes wholesale, and Retail orders (including setting up, quality control, and shipping)
- Verifies information on purchase orders (printing all incoming purchase orders on (BPCS)
- Arranges products in neat, secure packaging for delivery, organizing pallets with frozen pallets suitable for shipping
- Verifies and ships all outgoing materials including but not limited to Dianne’s Fine Desserts brand products
- Inspects all outgoing shipments
- Fills company requisitions
- Consolidates raw ingredients
- Demonstrates knowledge of all related audits, FDA, and OSHA regulations
- May work Saturday’s for inventory purposes or as work is required
- May work in freezer on a regular, ongoing basis
- Inspects and receive incoming deliveries
- Complete all DSI transactions related to this position
- Enters receipts directly in JD Edwards/DSI systems
- Labels all pallets in warehouse with Date and ID
- Pulls corrugated/materials from inventory to supply production
- Breaks down and re-stocks all inventory returned from production
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Adheres to the plant’s HACCP plans
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to promote teamwork
- Must be able to complete all DSI transactions daily
- Must be able to work in sub-zero temperature for extended periods of time
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with others
- Capability to work in sub-zero temperature for extended periods of time
- Must able to operate fork lifts, pallet jacks, and electric hand trucks
- Must be able to operate elevator properly & safely
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend basic instructions and processes of the job in English.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds during the work day
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and climb steps
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting and required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, something may weigh more than 50 pounds and assistance must be utilized.
- Ability to do overhead lifting and bending
- Possessing normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
- Possessing good eye-hand coordination
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and/or wet conditions
- Noise level usually loud. Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
Dianne’s Fine Desserts- Newburyport reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.