Dianne's Fine Desserts, Inc. has implemented COVID-19 precautions to create a safer working environment for our employees.
SIGN-ON BONUS OF $2,000 PAID TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
COMPETITIVE PAY - UP TO $30 PER HOUR PLUS SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL FOR 2ND SHIFT
COME JOIN A GREAT TEAM!!!!
We are offering a Full Time position with competitive benefit package that includes 401k, health, paid time off, and many other benefits.
First Shift: Monday - Thursday 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM (some Fridays scheduled)
Second Shift: Monday -Thursday 2:00 PM - 12:00 AM (some Fridays scheduled)
Essential Function of the position is to assist the QA Manager along with the QA Team in all aspects of the Quality Assurance/Food Safety program. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Trains and instructs others as needed on Food Safety issues.
- Determine the root cause for non-conformances and closeout corrective action reports.
- Track, trend, and collate food safety and quality data electronically.
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement projects and processes.
- Be a Champion of Newburyport’s commitment to Product Quality and Food Safety.
- Check all QA paperwork for accuracy and completeness – sign–date
- Perform routine laboratory tests including moisture and microbiological analysis of ingredients and products for all Dianne’s fine desserts facilities.
- Reviews production quality documents for compliance.
- Perform food safety audits with raw materials, WIP, & finished products.
- Participate in the creation & execution of food safety corrective actions.
- Verify that each production line is properly set up, uses the correct standards for each product, has and completes the proper reporting documentation, and is correctly labeled.
- Routinely use such equipment as the ATP Swabber, Moisture Analyzer, Petri Film plates, recording and calibrating thermometers, labeler and computer, and environmental swabs, etc.,
- Collect & process microbiological, allergen, & environmental swabs, and enter data results.
- Maintain Laboratory documentation and records.
- Perform a weekly inventory of laboratory consumables.
- Schedule and maintain laboratory equipment calibrations and records.
- Schedule, records, and communicate results of performing shelf-life studies for all Dianne's Fine Desserts facilities.
- Collect & process ingredient, in-process & finished goods samples, process and enter specified data associated with the samples.
- Collect data from each production line daily, reporting variances from the specifications to the area supervisor. Follow up with the area supervisor to ensure that corrective actions have been taken and that the steps were effective to eliminate the issue.
- Communicate with all other members of the Quality Assurance Department, keeping each team member abreast of any pertinent information.
- Must adhere to the plant’s HACCP plans.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Perform other duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must communicate with others to ensure proper production flow to avoid line downtime.
- Must communicate with appropriate personnel to ensure the quality of the mixed product.
- Job tasks will be performed safely and professionally and oriented to prevent the disruption of the production line.
- 2-year degree in science, food science, business in the same fields with related equivalent experience.
- HACCP Certified
- Bilingual Spanish & English Preferred
- Ability to work with minimal day-to-day oversight; self-motivated.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge of baking and finishing products.
- Team-oriented approach to problem-solving and troubleshooting, with strong communication and training skills.
- Intermediate computer skills (Outlook: Word; Excel; PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work equally with peers as well as supervisors.
- Analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Knowledge of food safety issues, GMP’s, and other industry requirements.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend basic instructions and processes of the job.
- Flexibility to work other shifts as needed; may be required to work overtime.
- Goal-oriented; ability to learn new tasks.
- Ability to project positive behavior; encouraging others to do the same.
- Self-motivated individual.
This position reports directly to the QA Supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, and climb stairs.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools, or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting and required to occasionally lift 50 pounds, Occasionally, something may weigh more than 50 pounds and assistance must be utilized.
- Ability to do overhead lifting and vending.
- Possessing normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills.
- Possessing good eye-hand coordination.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and /or wet conditions.
- Noise level usually loud. Hearing protection is required in a designated area.
Dianne’s Fine Desserts/ Newburyport reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.