Manage all aspects of food preparation and packaging under the guideline of Good Manufacturing Practices. Oversee and monitor the performance of the Plant Operations as it relates to quality, safety, productivity and cost control, service to sales, employee training and leadership development.
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures & corrective actions.
- Design and implement safety measures for accident prevention through monthly safety meetings
- Coordinate production activities in all departments during your responsible shift/timeframe
- Ensure that proper communication is relayed between all support areas and production (Materials, Maintenance, QA, Safety, etc…)
- Lead daily huddles with supervisors and leads to review issues and formulate plans for current day
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with Production Manager reviewing activities and issues
- Develop PMD’s for subordinates to oversee their professional development
- Review all operational areas to assure safety rules, quality standards, production and housekeeping standards are upheld
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement projects and provide positive recognition to all employees involved
- Report daily production efficiency to Production Manager, review cost performance for weekly/monthly forecasting
- Recommend training programs to H.R., to ensure development of hourly and salaried employees
- Review weekly downtime data with Maintenance Manager to insure equipment is properly maintained to achieve plant standard efficiency
- Maintain GMP’s and assure compliance with various governmental regulatory agencies.
- Four Year college degree preferred or equivalent to 5 years’ experience in supervisory / manager of operations.
- Good written and oral skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, problem solving skills and organization skills. Be able to delegate responsibility down the organization.
- Possess ability to communicate and to lead an organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
Encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Both office environment and factory environment.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- The facility produces product that will require employees to work with allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.