The purpose for this position is to assist in the overall improvement of employee safety, health and security. Improve employee performance through safety and health training. Will manage the development, implementation, and coordination of annual and on-going required safety training. Assist in maintaining asset conservation efforts, loss prevention and Business Continuity Management (BCM). Assist in the oversight and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant so that it operates efficiently, effectively, and at the lowest cost. Assist in maintaining facility environmental compliance.
Under general supervision will:
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the EH&S programs, policies, procedures, and training
- Coordinate, conduct and train facility employees to effectively recognize potential hazards and recommend resources to remedy the hazards.
- Distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports/updates to site personnel
- Oversee the Plant On-the-Floor Safety Teams
- Coordinate and conduct required trainings for plant personnel
- Replenish all First Aid Kits, as needed, at least on a weekly basis
- Maintain inventory of hazardous waste (oil) and schedule removal in a timely manner
- Research vendors and contractors for parts, cost out projects
- Conduct weekly, monthly, and quarterly EH&S audits, and inspections
- Actively participate on EH&S related committee, task force teams, and CI cross-functional teams
- Participate in regulatory inspections
- Provides administrative support for EH&S
- Conduct Behavior Observation and provide feedback to appropriate personnel
- Notify appropriate personnel of recommended corrective actions as a result of identified potential safety risks or hazards
- Assist in coordinating, directing, and conducting investigations of injuries, illnesses, near misses, property damage and/or theft
- Monitor video surveillance on an as needed basis
- Assist in conducting mock drills
- Purchase EH&S materials
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective action plans
- Maintain, update, and coordinate training for the facility Food Defense Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Minimum of 2 years industrial safety experience
- Bilingual communication skills preferred (English-Spanish)
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local statutes, laws and regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA, State and Local record keeping requirements
- Knowledge of EPA & DEP, State and Local record keeping requirements
- Ability to create and provide training to all levels of employees.
- Good oral and written skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain Massachusetts Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point