JOB FUNCTION: Provide customer service to customers, before, during, and after a purchase.
- Responsible for opening/closing store procedures
- Enter daily and weekly sales figures, including waste report, and recording cake inventory receipts for department giveaways
- Manage tasks (store checklist; i.e., cleaning, checking expiration dates, product samples)
- Ensure the store has enough change in the register and petty cash box, on a regular basis
- Create, communicate, and post the work schedule for part-time employees (and stay within budget)
- Develop and communicate ideas for social media, in-store sales, promotional events, and community outreach
- Develop Store Monthly Marketing Plan
- Train new employees in cake decorating, correct product labeling, product storage, taking customer orders, general everyday tasks involved in the opening and closing of the store
- Monitor and communicate performance issues of staff to the manager
- Assist with the hiring and training of employees
- Evaluate the performance of subordinate employees
- Track employee cake vouchers on the shared drive. Send weekly voucher report to Finance
- Maintain weekly store inventory (i.e., plates, fruit, coffee cups, napkins, water/soda) and manage the PO ordering process
- Prepare and monitor donations by sending requests to the Retail Manager for approval
- Responsible for inventory management: recording product codes, lot numbers, and quantities taken from the warehouse and send to NBP WH Manager
- Responsible for delegating tasks throughout the day
- Coach retail employees as needed
- Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work area
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Must adhere to the plant’s HACCP plans
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement projects and processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years of prior retail and management experience
- Bakery experience preferred
- Must possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with others
- Must be able to operate elevator properly & safely
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to do overhead lifting and bending
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills
- Ability to be articulate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, and climb steps
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting and required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, something may weigh more than 50 pounds and assistance must be utilized.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and/or wet conditions
Dianne’s Fine Desserts- Newburyport reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.