A leading provider of premium frozen thaw-and-serve desserts to the foodservice industry, Dianne’s Fine Desserts® has been serving up inspiring, mouth-watering and memorable desserts for over 40 years. The Company’s product line includes cheesecakes, layer cakes, pies and tarts, brownies/bars, individual minis and specialty desserts; all created at two state-of-the art GFSI-certified manufacturing facilities.
The position is responsible for planning what the plant will be producing from day to day, week to week and month to month.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Development and deployment of a level loaded production plan(based on units, run-hours and revenue).
- Establishes manufacturing plan which results in “best possible” use of resources to maximize asset utilization.
- Correctly analyzes production capacity of manufacturing processes, equipment and human resource requirements needed to produce required products.
- Plans operation manufacturing sequences in weekly time segments utilizing production labor standards.
- Maintain, align and communicate regularly with internal supplier(s)/customer(s) and customer service on key order metrics as per their requirements-adjust activity as needed to improve.
- Frequently compares current and anticipated orders with available inventory and creates replenishment plan.
- Maintains master distribution schedule for the assigned facility: revises as needed and alerts appropriate staff of schedule changes or delays.
- Participates in periodic forecasting meetings with sales, marketing and customer service.
- Leads or participates in planning and status meetings with production, shipping, purchasing, customer service and/or other related departments.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in bakery manufacturing preferred/5 years in manufacturing/3 years in scheduling
- Resourceful and good problem solving skills
- Ability to make high pressure decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including ERP, Excel, Word, MS Office
- Detailed and meticulous with good organizational skills
- Must be articulate, tactful and professional at all times
- Self-motivated individual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Both office environment and factory environment.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- The facility produces product that will require employees to work with allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Dianne's Fine Desserts is an Equal Opportunity Employer