A leading provider of premium frozen thaw-and-serve desserts to the foodservice industry, Dianne’s Fine Desserts® has been serving up inspiring, mouth-watering and memorable desserts for over 40 years. The Company’s product line includes cheesecakes, layer cakes, pies and tarts, brownies/bars, individual minis and specialty desserts; all created at two state-of-the art GFSI-certified manufacturing facilities.
Label Tech - 2nd Shift Hours 4pm-2am
The position is responsible for ensuring labeling requirements are met for all products, on individual products and cases, and that lines remain supplied with needed pre-labeled materials. Position works on either a manual line or automated line as directed. Specific essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Follow product sequence as directed by Lead/Supervisor.
- Print labels that will be needed and furnish appropriate rack tag
- Provide direction to others assisting with applying labels to ensure proper application
- Must be able to ensure that labels for products being run are accurately affixed to proper form (i.e. Approach sheet)
- Apply labels to cases
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and sanitary work area
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Clean up nuts and debris during and immediately following all production runs.
- Support lines as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follow all good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
- Abide by all safety regulations
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Education requirement: N/A
- Years of related working experience: 3 to 6 months related experience
- Competency to work on computers
- Ability to learn company methods and standards and apply that knowledge to daily duties.
- Ability to communicate with other leads, all departments and all levels of the factory
- Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
- Possess good eye-hand coordination
- Follow direction set forth by supervisor or manager
- Familiarity with factory policies regarding safety, quality, and GMP's
- Promote Teamwork
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be articulate, tactful and professional at all times
- Flexible to work other lines as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly at a pace consistent with production.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- Chemical handling is required for production sanitation.
- The facility produces product that will require employees to work with allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Other Physical Requirements
|Use of Hands
||Over 100 pounds
|Reaching above shoulder
||Push or Pull
|Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hair net, face mask, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing)
- Must wear cut resistant gloves at all times when using knives or similar tools.
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking in the plant
Dianne's Fine Desserts is an Equal Opportunity Employer