To properly perform loading or unloading of ovens, while ensuring proper flow and quality product
- Double check oven settings and times
- Record necessary data as required on daily reports and work center schedule
- Monitoring the operation of ovens and notifying Maintenance and Supervisor when
- problems are detected
- Baking products according to established standards (e.g. time and temperature)
- Storing and moving products on racks to desired locations (e.g. cooling area, baking floor
- finishing area, cooler, freezer)
- Manual loading and unloading of ovens, vacuum water from oven trays as needed
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement projects and processes
- Assisting on the depositing line as needed
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and sanitary work area
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Must adhere to the plant’s HACCP plans
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend basic instructions and processes of the job.
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to become familiar with company methods and standards and apply that
- Knowledge to carry out daily duties
- Ability to do overhead lifting and bending
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move full oven rack of product
- Possessing normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
- Possessing good eye-hand coordination
- Possessing excellent listening and comprehension skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with others
This position reports directly to the Supervisor and or Manager, Bakery
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and climb steps
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting and required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, something may weigh more than 50 pounds and assistance must be utilized.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and/or wet conditions
- Noise level usually loud. Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
Dianne’s Fine Desserts- Newburyport reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.