To properly perform any Scaler/prep job, by prepping acceptable ingredients, while ensuring a proper Production flow, especially from Scaler/prep to the mixer.
- Operating scaling/preparation equipment (including sifters, grinders, electric jack, choppers, and others)
- Weighing ingredients according to formulas and the work list
- Filling out all paperwork completely, on a daily basis
- Working on the depositing line as needed
- Relieving Mixer during breaks
- Completing all DSI transactions relating to this position
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement projects and processes
- Maintaining clean, safe, and sanitary work area
- Participating in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Adherence to the plant’s HACCP plans
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must communicate with others to ensure proper flow to avoid downtime.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend basic instructions and processes of the job.
- Ability to up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Ability to apply company methods and standards to daily job function
- Ability to do overhead lifting
- Ability capacity to successfully use a wide range of equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work well with others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and climb steps
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting and required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, something may weigh more than 50 pounds and assistance must be utilized.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and/or wet conditions
- Noise level usually loud. Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
Dianne’s Fine Desserts- Newburyport reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.