The position is responsible for mixing raw ingredients to produce high quality batter or icing per formula specification.
Specific essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Edit the below to apply to the specific position. (delete this on final draft)
- Record necessary data as required on daily reports and work center schedules
- Communicate with Lead or Supervisor to mix according to production demand
- Must be able to follow formula per the standards of the company
- Ability to operate all scales, mixers (Hobart, AMF& VMI), braizers, chocolate melter & margarine melter
- Reports equipment issues to supervisor or lead immediately
- Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work area
- Must be able to perform duties in a pace consistent with production line
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures & corrective actions.
- Follow all good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
- Abide by all safety regulations
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED), or equivalent experience
- Six months to one year related experience
- Excellent math skills are needed to interpret and adjust formulas to increase batch size and utilize scales properly
- Ability to become familiar with company methods, standards and apply that knowledge to daily duties.
- Will be responsible for giving direction to mixer assistant when working with one
- Possess upper and lower body strength
- Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
- Possess good eye-hand coordination
- Familiarity with factory policies regarding safety, quality and GMP’s
- Flexible to work other shifts / hours as needed
- Self-motivated individual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: fill in the Frequency columns below delete this on final draft
- Both office environment and factory environment.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- The facility produces product that will require employees to work with allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Other Physical Requirements
|Use of Hands
||Over 100 pounds
|Reaching above shoulder
||Push or Pull
|Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hair net, face mask, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing)
- Must wear cut resistant gloves at all times when using knives or similar tools
- Must wear eye protection
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking in the plant
Dianne's Fine Desserts is an Equal Opportunity Employer