This position is responsible for performing multiple tasks to assist operations with producing baked goods. This position works both on manual line and automated line as directed. Specific essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform all of the tasks required for the Icing Line worker position:
- Rack Unloading/Loading: places dessert on or off the rack as needed
- Collars: place cardboard collar around cakes in process
- Spreading: spreads icing on cake layers
- Cake Stacking: stacks cake layers as required
- Covering: covers cakes with icing
- Garnishes: places garnish on finished product, keeps hopper/bin full
- Ring Decorating: decorates top of cake with required design
- Depositing: presses foot pedal to dispense icing onto product
- Glazer: sprays glaze on specific desserts
- Cake Cutter: slices layers of sponge cake
- Pan placer/cardboard inserter: places pan on conveyor belt and/or inserts cardboard into pan before placing on belt.
- Depositor operator: Operates foot pedal to dispense icing onto cake.
- Pump operator: Keeps hopper full of icing.
- Assist with collecting needed items for product(cardboard circles, pans, utensils) as directed.
- To place correct product into proper containers (use ingredients returns labels and allergen label of required.
- Clean work area (removes extra debris, wash, rinse, and sanitize line between product change over).
- Maintain a clean, safe and sanitary work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Clean up nuts and debris off the floor and in the surrounding area immediately. Follow all good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
- Abide by all safety regulations
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Education requirement: N/A
- Years of related working experience: N/A
- Must communicate with others to ensure proper production flow to avoid line downtime and waste to reduce and eliminate rework
- Must communicate with appropriate personnel to ensure quality of finished product
- Job tasks will be performed in a professional and safe manner to prevent disruption of production line
- Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
- Possess good eye-hand coordination
- Ability to become familiar with company methods and standards and apply that knowledge to daily duties
- Familiarity with factory policies regarding safety, quality, and GMP's
- Must be able to understand basic math
- Promote Teamwork
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be articulate, tactful and professional at all times
- Flexible to work other lines as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly at a pace consistent with production.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- Chemical handling is required for production sanitation.
- The facility produces product that will require employees to work with allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Other Physical Requirements
|Use of Hands
||Over 100 pounds
|Reaching above shoulder
||Push or Pull
|Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hair net, face mask, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing)
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking in the plant
Dianne's Fine Desserts is an Equal Opportunity Employer