Lead & Develop new bakery products, improving existing products, and supporting innovation as needed.
- Researching new ingredients from existing and potential products. This will include meeting with vendors and working closely with purchasing
- Leading R&D projects from start to finish that will include bench work, research, meeting with outside vendors, shelf test, extensive sensory testing and documentation of results
- Developing new bakery products, improving existing products for both wholesale and retail markets
- Work closely with R&D Manager to ensure the effective transition of new or improved products from the lab to fill scale manufacturing.
- Lead Voice of Customer (VOC) test runs with Production with the objective of hand-off to full industrialization.
- Mixing, scaling, baking, finishing, and coordinating shipment of test products as needed.
- Operating ovens, stoves, mixers, and other bakery equipment.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary work area.
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Must adhere to the plant’s HACCP plans.
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP’s)
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement projects and processes
- Must communicate with others to ensure proper production flow to avoid line downtime.
- Must communicate with appropriate personnel to ensure quality of product.
- Job tasks will be performed in a safe and professional manner
- High School diploma or equivalent /Culinary degree preferred
- 1-3 years commercial baking experience
- 1-3 years baking product development experience
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to become familiar with company methods and standards and apply that
Knowledge to daily duties
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and climb steps
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to, handle, or use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting and required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, something may weigh
- more than 50 pounds and assistance must be utilized.
- Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
- Possess good eye-hand coordination
- Possess excellent listening and comprehension skills
- Availability for flexible scheduling as needed
- Possess good interpersonal skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee Encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to cool and/or wet conditions
- Noise level usually loud. Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
Dianne’s Fine Desserts- Newburyport reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.