The position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Systems programs. Assist the production department with labels adjustments using systems/processes to guarantee the regulatory accuracy of the printed materials in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Conduct a daily Quality Assurance walk-through at the beginning of shift utilizing the Daily Quality Assurance Checklist. Includes but is not limited to: Inspect all areas of the facility for GML violations: record findings and notifying appropriate personnel, sanitizer concentration checks, water temperature check, cooler and freezer temperatures.
- Check weight in Bakery, Icing and Packaging, oven temperature check, metal detection check and label check in packaging.
- Verify that production is using the correct standards for each product and completing the proper documentation.
- Review HACCP, pre-requisite, CCP, CP and SOP program paperwork. Notify appropriate supervisors for corrective action and follow-up to ensure effectiveness of the action.
- Calibrate in-house thermometers according to schedule.
- Observe and monitor line washing: physical cleanliness, water temperatures and ATP analysis of food contact areas.
- Assist in preparation and follow-up for daily sensory evaluation.
- Fill maintenance work orders as needed.
- Perform routine finished product inspections and document.
- Observe processes and record information on products as needed.
- Pull samples from warehouse as needed.
- Assist with corrective action for customer complaints.
- Assists with quality concerns relating to ingredient or product. Participates in material review meetings, offering opinions and recommendations on how to address issues. Tracks defects of product and distributes information to the appropriate personnel.
- Promote food safety through maintaining high quality standards.
- Provide support on various corporate programs.
- Assist in education operations personnel in complying with accepted GMP’s and other approved procedures.
- Assist in collection of micro and swap samples as needed.
- Assist with collecting date.
- Communicate with all other members of the Quality Assurance Department, keeping each team member abreast of the pertinent information.
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures & corrective actions.
- Abide by all safety regulations
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent(GED).
- 1 or 2 years of related working experience in food production.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Strong coaching, training and project management skills
- Troubleshoot issues with little supervision.
- Resourceful and good problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, MS Office.
- Strong data entry skills
- Detailed and meticulous with good organizational skills.
- Must be articulate, tactful and professional at all times
- Superb interpersonal and discretionary skills.
- Flexible to work other shifts / hours as needed
- Self-motivated individual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Both office environment and factory environment.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment.
- Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly.
- The facility produces product that will require employees to work with allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.