Operates all cutters (i.e. double cutters, auto cutters) and oversees manual operations, including dome products to ensure
finished products reach quality standards. Position works on either a manual line or automated line as directed.
1. Set up cutter or manual line according to product.
2. Perform preoperational safety inspection (guarding, e-stops, safety devices)
3. Perform changeovers and input settings into the inline cutters, outfeed conveyors and merge table
4. Determine proper paper/collar or domes/bases and supply line with correct materials
5. Ensure product identity and keep track of lot numbers
6. Communicate with lead or supervisor for product sequence 7. Place product into cutter and operate cutter
8. Place product onto the line after cutting. If conveyor belt is full, place back on rack and continue cutting
9. Ensure quality of cuts and final appearance of product prior to packaging (i.e. slice count, centered)
10. Report any product issue with packaging lead or QA
11. Communicate any equipment issues to the packaging lead and maintenance
12. Follow allergen procedures when working with nuts
13. Respond to any sealer issues with the auto sealer and report any issues to maintenance and the
14. Paperwork should be filled out as needed, correct and neat (i.e. excessive waste, shift report, allergen report,
15. Must be able to perform duties in a pace consistent with production flow
16. Assist other positions as directed or as necessary
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
Three months to six months related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to efficiently operate all cutters or other production machinery
Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
Possess good eye-hand coordination
Must be able to perform job duties at a pace that is consistent with the pace set by the Supervisor of the line
Demonstrate knowledge of product packaging, slice count, and final icing
Demonstrate knowledge of product quality specifications and the ability to differentiate between acceptable and off
Familiarity with factory policies regarding safety, quality, and GMP's
Dianne's Fine Desserts is an equal employment opportunity employer.