Mixer - 2nd Shift
Mix raw ingredients to produce high quality batter or icing per formula specifications.
1. Record necessary data as required on daily reports and work center schedules
2. Communicate with Lead or Supervisor to mix according to production demand
3. Must be able to follow formula per the standards of the
4. Ability to operate all scales, mixers (Hobart, AMF& VMI), braizers, chocolate melter & margarinemelter
5. Reports equipment issues to supervisor or lead immediately
6. Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work area
7. Must be able to perform duties in a pace consistent with production line
8. Performs other duties as assigned
9. Clean up nuts and debris during and immediately following all production runs.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
English proficiency required.
Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely. English
Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED), or equivalent experience
Six months to one year related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent math skills are needed to interpret and adjust formulas to increase batch size and utilize scales properly
- Ability to become familiar with company methods, standards and apply that knowledge to daily duties
- Must be able to perform job duties at a pace that is consistent with the pace set by the mixer
- Will be responsible for giving direction to mixer assistant when working with one
- Possess upper and lower body strength
- Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills
- Possess good eye-hand coordination
- Familiarity with factory policies regarding safety, quality, and GMP's.
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand C (Constantly) 10 lbs or less C (Constantly)
Walk C (Constantly) 11-20 lbs C (Constantly)
Sit N (Not Applicable) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) 51-100 lbs O (Assistance Required)
Reach Outward C (Constantly) Over 100 lbs O (Assistance Required)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally) Push / Pull
Climb O (Occasionally) 12 lbs or less C (Constantly)
Crawl O (Occasionally) 13-25 lbs C (Constantly)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally) 26-40 lbs F (Frequently)
Bend C (Constantly) 41-100+ lbs F (Frequently)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hair net, ear plugs, boots, smock, and frequent hand washing)
- Must wear cut resistant gloves at all times when using knives or similar tools.
- Must wear eye protection when using air hoses.
- Fast paced, working with manual and automated processes and equipment. Factory climate changes with the season and employee must dress accordingly. Chemical handling is required for production line sanitation.
- This plant produces and employees will be handling products that contain allergens, including, but not limited to: milk, soy, wheat, egg, tree nuts and peanuts.
Diannes Fine Desserts is an Equal Opportunity Employer