Manage all aspects of food preparation and packaging under the guidelines of good Manufacturing Practices. Oversee and monitor the performance of Second Shift Operations as it relates to quality, safety, productivity, sanitation, customer service and waste control.
Interact with employees, Supervisors, Shift Manager, and Production Manager on a daily basis to resolve technical problems, scheduling conflicts, equipment issues and employee concerns. The emphasis is to open communication networks, share ideas while working toward continuous improvement.
- Participate in annual audits and assist in the development of procedures & corrective actions
- Ensure that the training of hourly employees, as it relates to their specific job functions, is being performed (including Buddy System).
- Responsible for ensuring and enforcing a safe work environment for all employees.
- Properly guide employees to be efficient without sacrificing safety and quality.
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed.
- Plan and coordinate daily production by placing workers effectively, utilizing place sheets/play books.
- Communicate necessary information to other departments to ensure efficient production.
- Ensure area and equipment is sanitized properly.
- Hold training meetings for safety, GMPs and new procedures or processes.
- Complete employee reviews when applicable.
- Review and complete product job jackets.
- Keep all lines producing in a timely and productive manner.
- Support and actively seek opportunities to drive the Continuous Improvement (CI) effort forward and communicate ideas to manager.
- College Degree Preferred
- 2 years supervisory or leadership experience in a food service environment
- Knowledge of basic CI tools and lean manufacturing principles is a plus
- Competent in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills; Bi-lingual skills a plus (English/Spanish)
Dianne's Fine Desserts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer