To assist in all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Systems programs. Assist label department with generating labels for production using systems/processes to guarantee the regulatory accuracy of the printed materials in a timely manner.
* Conduct a daily quality assurance walk through at the beginning of shift utilizing the daily quality assurance checklist.
* Check weight in production & icing, oven temperature check, metal detection check and label check in packaging
* Review HACCP, pre-requisite, CCP CP and SOP program paperwork
* Calibrate in-house thermometers according to schedule
* Perform routine finished product inspections and document
* Assist with quality concerns relating to ingredient or product. Participates in material review meetings, offering opinions and recommendations.
* Tracks defects of products and distributes information to the appropriate personnel
* Assist in collection of micro & swab samples as needed
* Assist with downloading freezer & cooler loggers weekly
* Promote food safety through maintaining high quality standards
* Assist in preparation and follow up for daily grading evaluation
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Computer Skills - Must have basic computer skills plus efficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and
Access. Knowledge of or capability to learn BPCS software. Strong typing/ten-key skills.
Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for
Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing
Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
One to two years related experience-preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Familiar with computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Possess normal to excellent manual dexterity and motor skills. Strong math skills. Experience in the Food Industry preferred. Ability to assist with production as required.
Dianne's Fine Desserts is an Equal Opportunity Employer