|Dianne’s™ Fine Desserts is dedicated to being your most valued premium dessert partner.
Preparing the most delectable desserts since 1976, we are the dual powerhouse bakeries of Dianne’s Fine Desserts. Today, we offer hundreds of indulgent desserts to delight the most discerning palates.
Our goal is to provide innovative, exciting, indulgent and high quality desserts that will inspire
Dianne’s Fine Desserts is searching for an exceptional Production Shift Manager to support our Le Center, MN facility
Manage all aspects of food preparation and packaging under the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices. Oversee and monitor the performance of the Plant Operations as it relates to quality, safety, productivity, and cost control, service to sales, employee training and leadership development.
- Interact with Production Manager, Plant Manager, Hourly Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Support Departments on a daily basis to resolve technical problems, scheduling conflicts, equipment issues and employee concerns. The emphasis is to open communication networks, share ideas while working toward continuous improvement
- Monitor Plant Operation’s for compliance with Plant Wide KPI’s ,GMP’s and safety procedures
- Conduct group meetings with all production departments to maintain open communication, air out concerns and keep our people well informed as to the future of the operation and the company
- Train and develop managers, supervisors and group leaders to become receptive to change and continuous improvement
- Versed in production scheduling to ensure customer service, responsible inventories, allergen management, efficient production flows and adequate absorption of manufacturing costs.
- Ensure that all operating procedures and standards are being adhered to at all times
- Provide technical support and training to managers and supervisors
- Monitor proper utilization of all processing paperwork on all shifts
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for all employees
- Determine plant labor budgets and ensure that it is achieved
- Work with the Production Planner in creating production schedule to most efficiently balance sales demands and manufacturing costs
- Work with managers, team leaders, and supervisors on continuous improvement to develop strategies to improve all processes to enhance quality, increase productivity, and reduce cost
- Participate in the GFSI/FSSC22000 yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures & corrective actions
- Review Operation Performance with managers, team leaders, and supervisors to pinpoint areas of opportunity
- Work closely with Maintenance Manager to identify problematic equipment, bottlenecks in production, and improvement opportunities through the utilization of the COGS program
- Ensure that all budgetary accountabilities are favorable
- Maintain a change oriented work culture where employee concerns are addressed and the operational objectives are realized
- Must participate in and drive Continuous Improvement Projects
- Monitor the proper usage of JDE
- Monitor and control direct labor and yield costs (also temporary production labor)
- Design and Implement safety measures for accident prevention through safety meetings
- Lead daily huddles with supervisors and leads to review issues and formulate plans for current day
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with Production Manager reviewing activities and issues
- Develop PMD’s for subordinates to oversee their professional development
- Report daily production efficiency to Production Manager, review cost performance for weekly/monthly forecasting
- Recommend training programs to H.R., to ensure development of hourly and salaried employees
- Review weekly downtime data with the Maintenance Manager to ensure equipment is properly maintained to achieve plant standard efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned
Four year college degree preferred or equivalent to 5 years’ experience in supervisory / manager of operations
5+ years of production experience
Strong computer skills
Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and conflict resolution ability
Flexibility to working hours
In return for your expertise we offer a Competitive benefits package and salary compensation.
Dianne's Fine Desserts is an equal employer opportunity company